Two questions about the browser in 3.7

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Tue Mar 16 03:19:53 UTC 2004

On Monday, March 15, 2004, at 09:45 AM, Ben Schroeder wrote:

> Hi Ned,
>
>> But maybe there's an ideological preference here (that is: we
>> should make the
>> comments available to all).
>>
>> Is there something about the comment pane that is getting in
>> your way or
>> should otherwise be changed?
>
> I'm not the original poster, but wanted to throw in my two cents here.
>  I'll start by making a disclaimer: I still spend most of my time in
> 3.6, so what follows is based on only a little 3.7 usage.
>
> I've been trying various 3.7 versions as they've been posted to the
> FTP site, mostly on my notebook computer, and had noticed the class
> comment pane.  I must admit that I was pretty apprehensive about it,
> although I certainly might get to like it over time.

When I first read about the proposed additional pane, I admit that it
seemed a bit like overkill to me (and that the quoted inline comment
was a little simpler).  But after using it for a while, I think it's
fine... it's certainly better that you can edit the comment in place.

If someone really wanted to add a preference to not show the comment
pane, we could probably incorporate it.  But the default for the
preference should *definitely* be that the comment pane is shown.

- Doug