[BUG] In an MVC project, Squeak may freeze when you change the active view

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Tue Mar 16 15:09:20 UTC 2004

On Monday 15 March 2004 11:37 pm, Romain Robbes wrote:
> I don't know if this is related, but since recent updates, I've got
> refreshing problems in 3.7a :
>         Say I click om a button, like a SystemWindow's close button,
> the display never changes until I move the mouse, which is quite
> disturbing.

Two things that I've found:

* there can be stepping morphs that aren't in the world. Andreas has pointed
out that the problem is that they're accessing the Sensor directly.

But for testing you can try opening a Transcript and saying in a Workspace:

	Utilities cleanseOtherworldlySteppers

See if there's anything in the Transcript.

And also make sure that there aren't two Morphic processes (I've seen this
more than once); you'll usually see redraw problems with this one.

You can use the ProcessBrowser to examine the list.

Or in a Workspace you can make sure that

Project uiProcess == Processor activeProcess

or you can get a collection of possible Morphic processes:

uis _ nil.

[uis _ Process allInstances select: [ :p | | c |
	c _ p suspendedContext.
	c notNil and: [ c longStack includesSubString: 'WorldState' ]]] forkAt: 70.

uis size > 1 ifTrue: [ uis inspect ].

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/