[FIX] MVCEventSensorFixes-nk

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Wed Mar 17 02:43:04 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 6:02 pm, Andreas Raab wrote:
> Good spotting! But it seems your fix is slightly out of sync

I think you're right. I'll look at it after dinner.

> - I guess it
> should just be:
>
> EventSensor>>mouseButtons
>     ^self peekButtons

The only callers of mouseButtons right now (other than anyButtonPressed) are
blue/yellow/redButtonPressed; I'm a bit concerned about these tests being
called in a loop. Don't we need to make sure that the queue doesn't fill up
with mouse move events if there's a poll loop around one of these?

The other test (*Pressed) methods use primMouseButtons. I think that
anyButtonPressed should probably do that too.

Couldn't we just do this:

mouseButtons
	^self primMouseButtons

and change anyButtonPressed to call primMouseButtons like all of the other
tests do?

I think we probably also should get rid of EventSensor>>buttons since it's
only used internally and could lead to the same kind of problem if polled.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/