[BUG] CS 5708 blows away SM2 if it's already installed

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Wed Mar 17 20:04:43 UTC 2004

Ned Konz wrote:

>I was trying to get together a harvesting image.

>In 5727, when SmaCC is being updated from SM, get an error because there is no
>SMSqueakMap class any more!
>
>Looks like 5708/5709 did not deal with already having SM2 in the image.
>
>5708 blew the category away, and it did not get fully reloaded.

Goran will probably best answer this, but I should mention that I had to
tweak Goran's SM2Install changeset before incorporating it as update
5709.  (And I forgot to mention this to Goran.)  I moved the last
close-bracket in the preamble from after 'Installation of "SqueakMap
base" failed'] (near the end), to the very end of the preamble.  I had
to do this so that the install would work if you already had SM2
installed, which the image I was using did. (since it had BFAV)

After this, I'm pretty sure I tested loading updates from a 5707 image
with SM2 already installed, and not installed, and it worked both ways.

It could be that starting from way back in 3.2, something is different
than if you started with the 3.7alpha-5707 image downloaded from the ftp
site.

- Doug