[BUG] CS 5708 blows away SM2 if it's already installed

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Wed Mar 17 21:19:18 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 12:52 pm, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> Yes, something is strange somewhere in there. There was some weird thing
> happening earlier that I never really got a hang of - it seemed that
> IIRC:
>         SMSqueakMap class superclass subclasses includes: SMSqueakMap class
> ..evaluated to false.
>
> Not sure if that has anything to do with this. Frankly - if anyone can
> debug this and understand what goes wrong I would appreciate it.

I *think* that was a side-effect of a problems with class redefinition that (I
think) got fixed.

But I could be wrong on that. However, I think that if you are trying to
remove and then re-compile the same class within the same compiled block of
code, you're going to be referring to the old one, right?

So you probably need to break up such chunks with '!' in the change sets so
that they get compiled separately.

Or at least never refer to the class itself; do

(Smalltalk at: #SMSqueakMap) ...

everywhere.
--
Ned Konz