[BUG] User interrupts no longer interrupt locked UI process

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Thu Mar 18 20:30:51 UTC 2004

On Thursday 18 March 2004 10:30 am, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Damn. I had totally forgotten that we moved the interrupt key processing up
> into the image.

> Hm ... looks like the right sequence of installing the
> interrupt watcher setting the interrupt key etc. might do the trick.

What do you mean? I don't believe that the primitives that actually set the
flag are getting called any more.

> If you
> are looking into this please ignore the comments about stuff now being
> obsolete - the only solution for this is to revive the VM-level interrupt
> key handling.

Or, for that matter, back out the CS <g>.

> Note that I am *not* sure if that works on all VMs if used
> with the event primitives so you may want to have a look at your VM sources
> first to make sure it does signal the interrupt semaphore when it sees an
> interrupt keydown event (rather than just stuffing it straight into the
> event queue). I *think* it'll work but it's better to check first.

I don't believe that it bothers to check in the Unix VM. Or in the Mac VM:

Sensor primSetInterruptKey: ($. asciiValue bitOr: 16r0800).
Sensor installInterruptWatcher.
100000 timesRepeat: [ 3.15434345345 printString ].

is still unbreakable on either platform.

--
Ned Konz
MetaMagix