[BUG] User interrupts no longer interrupt locked UI process

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Fri Mar 19 00:46:23 UTC 2004

On Thursday 18 March 2004 3:53 pm, Ned Konz wrote:
> On Thursday 18 March 2004 3:46 pm, I wrote:

> but I can't seem to break out of
>

> recursionTest
> 	^self recursionTest
>

> for some reason.
>
> Wonder why...

Well, it appears to be because quickCheckForInterrupts is missing the boat.
	interruptCheckCounter is 115411591
	interruptCheckCounterFeedbackReset is 116998772

Though something as simple as causing a checkForInterrupts() after every
fullGC() might catch the infinite recursion.

I tried zeroing interruptCheckCounter after a fullGC() and I could break out
of tight recursion.

Without that change, if you let the recursion go for a while, there's no
breaking out of it.

Oh yeah...
	reclaimableContextCount is 1587135

Wonder if that could also be used as a trigger for checking the interrupts.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/