[BUG] User interrupts no longer interrupt locked UI process

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Mar 19 05:02:52 UTC 2004

Ahhh. Was this an intel PC running Windows?

I'm sure Andreas told me he has a timer that resets
interruptCheckCounter to zero
every millisecond. Perhaps he could confirm that? That would distort
things a bit if the call target
is 2ms.  Mind doing this 1000 times a second to give great Delay
accuracy numbers seems wasteful, but
Intel PC are so fast today, do we care?

PS pounding the interruptCheckCounter every millisecond on unix
machines does drive up
the CPU and shave percents off benchmarks.

On Mar 18, 2004, at 8:26 PM, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> By zeroing interruptCheckCounter you may be causing extra hits on cFI
> and thereby bumping up the reset value. Takes a lot of +10's to get to
> 116million though....--
===