[BUG?] Issue with time profiler?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Mar 20 19:12:56 UTC 2004

"David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> Usually this is because your method is running too fast to gather any
> useful profiling information. Try wrapping the method you want to profile
> in a loop to run it 100 times or 1000 times. That should give enough run
> time to give you a profile.
As I'm sure Ned is probably about to say, also consider reducing the spy
interval -  see MessageTally class and look at the various spyOn:
methods. Most of them use 16 (mS) and you'll get probably more useful
results on a fast machine with a smaller value.

This actually feeds back a little into our thread on user interrupts
since the precision and usefulness of short Delays depends upon the
same mechanism.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Nullo metro compositum est = It doesn't rhyme.