[GOODIE] Freetype/2 antialiased fonts demo

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sun Mar 21 07:08:04 UTC 2004

On Mar 20, 2004, at 5:59 PM, Ned Konz wrote:

> I put a quick demo of the Freetype/2 font rendering up at:
>
> 	http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/FT2FontsDemo-nk.sar
>
> There is also a plugin that speeds up drawing, and these fonts don't
> understand emphasis (bold, etc.) but I thought it might be interesting
> compare them to their TTCFont equivalents.

So I can see these in the system fonts menu, and they do look great -
much better at smaller sizes than with TTCFont.  However, if I try to
choose one, I get an MNU for #actualTextStyles.  Also, when
selected/inverted, they suddenly look awful, like a horribly aliased
1-bit version of themselves.  Is this expected?

Avi