[BUG][FIX] Cannot open files in a Mac volume's root

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Mar 23 02:32:13 UTC 2004

Actually this usage doesn't call MacFileDirectory>>isAbsolute:
So the logic doesn't get invoked.

Soooo
I altered a few things and now have a change set so that if you do

FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'Network'

they you get a directory on the Network volume.

This is based on deciding if the path is empty, and the local name is
the same a volume name, then we
say it's the volume name, versus saying it's a directory in the default
directory.

So is it
"Macintosh HD:Network" here or is it
"Network"

Comments please.

I've not tested on other platforms, but lets see if we can clean up
this lingering issue

On Mar 22, 2004, at 8:51 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'Macintosh HD'
===
===