Hello Squeakers

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 24 00:48:51 UTC 2004

"Brent Vukmer" <bvukmer at blackboard.com> wrote:

> > And let's not forget what was accomplished for the Exobox:
> >

> Great reminder!  Was the Exobox UI pure Squeak?
Yes, except for the web browser; that was mozilla displaying via some
munged up X window trickery to make  hole in the Squeak display.

It helped that exobox (no capital first letter please) employed several
very skilled and experienced graphic artists that could rapidly turn
out high quality images. Not to mention the ONLY marketing people I've
ever met that had a clue. The crucial mistake exobox made was in not
hiring really good venture capital people; but then I haven't yet met
or even heard of any.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- MONAGE A TROIS - I am three years old