directional (and spot-)lights in alice squeak

Ferdinand Strixner strixner at web.de
Wed Mar 24 15:22:03 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've problems with directional and spotlights in alice. Ambient and
positional lights work like a charm:

w _ Wonderland new.
w makeLight: (Wonderland wonderlandConstants at: 'ambient').

and:

w _ Wonderland new.
w makeLight.

But if I try to create a directional or spotlight, with

w _ Wonderland new.
w makeLight: (Wonderland wonderlandConstants at: 'directional').

I get a bunch of errors in connection with an unset direction-instance
variable in my WonderlandDirectionalLight instance.

Was that code never finished or am I doing something wrong? In the first
case: Is there some kind of example-code how to manually work around
that problem or were these advanced light types never used in alice
(because they are unusable in the current state)?

greetings,

Ferdinand