Porting Squeak?

vze26m98 vze26m98 at optonline.net
Thu Mar 25 14:18:34 UTC 2004

I'm trying to assess the issues involved in embedding Squeak in a
MacIntosh application and had a question.

I've currently got Carbon Squeak 3.6 running and have been looking at
the statements:

    Interpreter translate: 'interp.c' doInlining: true.
       in the CCodeGenerator class

and

    InterpreterSupportCode writeMacSourceFiles
       in the InterpreterSupportCode

I've tried to run these statements, but these classes don't seem to be
present in the Squeak image.

I've also spent some time with VMMakerTool and am wondering whether this
has replaced these classes for creating a minimal Squeak VM?

If I want to create source files for a minimal Squeak VM, what is the
current practice: file in the Interpreter and InterpreterSourceCode
classes, or get to know VMMAkerTool?

Best,

Tad Turner