Alan's MACULa

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Thu Mar 25 18:50:44 UTC 2004

On Thursday 25 March 2004 8:41 am, Tim Will wrote:
> Gary Fisher wrote:
> >Alan Kay spoke recently at the Conference of the Michigan Ass'n for
> > Computer Users in Learning (MACUL) on the topic "What Is Squeak?"  Video
> > of his speech (and others from the conference) can be found at:
> >
> >http://mslive.sonicfoundry.com/Live/LiveViewer/FrontEnd/Front.aspx?cid=730a3b32-e7af-4584-b64e-0c2489cb4d33
> >
> >Gary
>
> I am unable to launch the movie in either Opera browser or Mozilla.
> Anybody else having this problem?

Yes. Yet another web site that insists upon using Windows Media Player.

Error: PlayerDetect is not defined
Source File: http://mslive.sonicfoundry.com/Live/LiveViewer/Catalog/Catalog.js
Line: 17

Looking at the Javascript, it says:
'You must have Windows Media 6.4 player or higher installed in your machine.'

It looks like the javascript just does the equivalent of:

javascript:WindowHelper.CreatePopup('http://mslive.sonicfoundry.com/Live/LiveViewer/FrontEnd/Viewer.aspx?PresentationExperienceID=cf1a7bc3-8d70-48ee-86e7-072c7708cfc6&PopupAreaName=Viewer&PlayerType=WM64','Viewer',788,569,false,false)

but that's unlikely to work for us, too.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/