[BUG] User interrupts no longer interrupt locked UI process

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 26 06:05:56 UTC 2004

Ian Piumarta <ian.piumarta at inria.fr> wrote:

> FWIW, it's 2 lines of code to check for the interrupt key combination
> when pushing a keyboard event onto the queue in the VM.  (That check
> _was_ in there for a while and I only took it out because at some point
> something in the image changed and the input sensor became confused as
> to which input method it was supposed to be using, the result being I
> was getting two debuggers pop open for each interrupt -- one via the
> event, the other via interruptPending.)
Were you still adding an event to the queue ? Not supposed to....

I've noticed some very unpleasant behaviours if the interrupt is
applied to (for example) the finalisation process instead of the
'obvious' process. It doesn't happen very often but always seems to
manage to occur at the worst possible time. The inate animosity of
inanimate objects I suppose.

tim
Useful random insult:- Trips over cordless phones.