[BUG] User interrupts no longer interrupt locked UI process

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 26 21:20:57 UTC 2004

Ian Piumarta <ian.piumarta at inria.fr> wrote:

> On 26 Mar 2004, at 07:45, Avi Bryant wrote:
>

> > On Mar 25, 2004, at 10:05 PM, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> >> The inate animosity of inanimate objects I suppose.
> > *Where* do you get that from, and can I have some?  I'll apply for
> > British citizenship if it would help...
>
> I fear it may be too late.  7 years of eccentric English teachers (and
> a TV diet of Monty Python from the age of 10 upwards) transforms each
> generation of Brits into a band of fiendish (linguistic) accomplices
> who accomplish fiendish complicity.

I'd pretty much agree with Ian here. Of course _he's_ got even more
twisted by living in France for years. Probably thinks Jerry Lewis is
actually funny these days.

You could get a late start by aiming your web browser at
www.bbc.co.uk/radio and listening to some of the comedy shows they have
online. If nothing else you'll learn what _real_ satire is like. I
recommend The Now Show, I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, Boothby Graffoe for
starters.

tim
"Mr. Worf, scan that ship."  "Aye aye, Captain... 300 DPI?