3.7 moving to beta tomorrowish

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Mar 26 21:59:10 UTC 2004

Hi--

> Will there be some way to move stuff from an old image to a new one
> [which has the version-4 image format]?

	We could use the remote message-sending facilities from Squat
(http://netjam.org/squat ). One of my back-burner projects is adapting
it to latest-Squeak (as well as every other Smalltalk I can get my hands
on, e.g. VisualWorks, Dolphin, GST, etc.). This was always part of the
plan, so that people can move things from huge old snapshots to small
new ones, as "live" modules over a net connection.

	I also think doing the VM/format changes in version 4 is a good idea
(see the Squat FAQ for more).

-C

--
Craig Latta