3.7 moving to beta tomorrowish

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Sun Mar 28 09:15:41 UTC 2004

  Bill,

> Reality check: I am an experienced Smalltalk programmer, but
> relatively new to Squeak.  Yoshiki indicated that his work might go
> a long way toward fixing the problem - please stop me if you think
> the problem will go away on its own.  Otherwise, feel free to give
> me an outline of how to proceed, and I will take a crack at it.
> Before starting, I want to have a game plan that is manageable and
> will lead to a useful result.

  It is not going to be a long way toward fixing the problem.
By the time 3.8 or 4.0 is out, it should be fixed.

  Once it gets into the image, the left arrow (and up arrow) character
is a legitimate character in the system.  The editor should have the
ability to enter the arrows, but it is relatively easy.

-- Yoshiki