Wonderland Tutorial

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Sun Mar 28 14:27:29 UTC 2004

"Bert Weber" <Bert.Weber at gmx.net> wrote:

<snip>
> Hi,
>
> I'm quite new to Squeak and I was doing some tutorial first. But I run
into
> a problem with the fishbowl tuorial.
> After drawing the pooh object I got an error message:
>
> Array(Object) "DoesNorUnderstand: #build3DObject

</snip>

<snip>
>  subdivision _ PoohSubdivision constraintOutline: pointList.
>  mesh _ subdivision build3DObject.
> "<----- Array(Object) "DoesNorUnderstand: #build3DObject  ?????????"

</snip>

A comparision with Squeak 3.4 reveals that
Subdivision>>constraintOutline:  was changed on 3/7/2003 by ar
(which is Andreas Raab).
The new version answers an Array and that array does not
understand  build3DObject.
You can simple remove the statement

   ^outpoints contents  in the method I mentioned.
The method will then answer the receiver (an instance
of PoohSubdivision in your situation) and that betters
the situation. I am however not convinced that this
is a valid fix.