How to bring money in the community

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Mar 28 19:21:50 UTC 2004

Hi Tim

Why don't you try to propose some topics you would like to work on and
build a kind of small
business model. For my side I would pay for:

	- a better UI framework
	- a better file system
	- a better compiler framework
	- a better VM

I suggest you to have a pay pal for VMMaker for example. Do you know if
paypal send bills to the
payer?

Right now there is no legal structure to collect funds, so
people/organization
cannot give money. I would like to buy Squeak3.7. I think that there is
a difference between open-source and paying to get a good distribution.
We should invent our own market.

For example in the schools people have budget to buy software or cd
such as the Squeak CD.
I think that selling the CD 25$ is not a problem at all. Marcus do you
know if we get a bill
when we order the SqueakCD (Markus did you bought it for the group?).

Stef