A stuff to load/save a thread of project

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Mar 28 21:04:03 UTC 2004

Hi

I just want to share that with you. I hacked like a mad today a tool
to build demo from projects because I'm fed up to do that by hand.
The code is available : DemoBuilder on SqueakSource. I have no time to
continue to work on it this week but I want to finish it soon.

It does not work really yet (you cannot reload a thread in the
threadnavigator) but this is a start and I bumped in so much problems.

Here is the class comment

DemoBuilder
Try to provide a kind of better way to load a group of project to build
a demo.
The first version wraps the most recent versions of all the project
into a sar file.

for now I use some classVariable because I want to have a lose coupling
between the threadNavigator and the demoBuilder. May be in the future I
will move all that into the ThreadNavigator. Seems like a good idea.

To get a sar containing all the latest projects of the
SqueakletsDirectory
	- DemoBuilder  createDemoFromSqueakletsDirectory

To save a Thread:
	- Open a ThreadNavigator
	- create a thread with all the projects (they should be in your local
squeaklets direcotry, remove 	also the default Squeak projects for now)
	- use export in the thread navigator menu
then
	- DemoBuilder createDemoFromSqueakletsDirectoryBasedOnThreadExport

Right now I could not find how to save automatically the projects.

TODO:
	- find a way to save the projects
	- clean the code
	- recreate the thread from the spec in the thread navigation
	- support editing by hand the thread navigation spec
	- integrate everything in ThreadNavigation

Stef