Can't ping SM from a 5816 image, works from older images

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Mon Mar 29 00:30:47 UTC 2004

On Mar 28, 2004, at 6:37 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Am 29.03.2004 um 00:54 schrieb Doug Way:
>

>> SMSqueakMap pingServer: 'map1.squeakfoundation.org'
>>
>> At the moment, this returns false with a fresh 3.7alpha-5816 image
>> (on Mac OS X).  However, with a 3.7alpha-5707 image or a 3.6 image,
>> it returns true.
>
> I have this, too, also on OS X, but with the Update Stream Servers.
> Strange thing was, I tried to debug it, and in the debugger, it worked

Ah yes, if I debug down into NetNameResolver
class>>addressForName:timeout: and step through that, it seems to work.

Also, it works in a 5764 image, so the problem is in the last batch of
updates.  Possible culprits might be:

5784NoEventSensorProcess-ar
5800ProxyAuthPostFix-daf  (eh, probably not this one)
5805UnwindFixes-ajh

(just guessin')

- Doug