How to bring money in the community

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Mar 29 03:50:24 UTC 2004

On Mar 28, 2004, at 7:44 PM, John M McIntosh wrote:

> Well there is the Smalltalk Industry Council (STIC) which quite a few
> people have membership ($) in.
> This does help fund things like Smalltalk Solutions 2004. However I
> don't think they provide any Smalltalk/Squeak jobs directly,
> indirectly perhaps.
>
> Perhaps one should send their $50? to STIC and then $20 to the squeak
> foundation?

Well, or since the Squeak Foundation doesn't legally exist yet, perhaps
we can convince the STIC to act as the recipient/distributor of such
donations.  Basically there would be a "Squeak subscription membership"
that was separate from the regular STIC membership... ?  That may be
outside of their mandate, though.