[BUG] Methods have linefeeds in squeakland updates (5765-5781)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Mar 29 04:34:09 UTC 2004

> PS:  Formerly, if a file that one tried to publish had linefeeds in
> it, this would be detected at update-publishing time -- see
> ServerDirectory>>putUpdate:, which contains the check:
>
>     (fileStrm contentsOfEntireFile includes: Character linefeed)
>         ifTrue: [self notifyWithLabel:  'That file contains linefeeds.
>  Proceed if you know that this is okay (e.g. the file contains raw
> binary data).'].
>
> The fact that so many updates that turned out to contain linefeeds
> were allowed to be published suggests that somehow that logic is now
> being bypassed???

Yes, this method is not currently being used.

The tool I've developed (the UpdateIncorporationTool) which works with
the BFAV doesn't do this last step of actually posting the updates...
I've been doing that manually (which is actually pretty easy to do...
copy & paste the list of files to updates.list and upload the files).

The UpdateIncorporationTool does run some basic tests on the changeset
files such as making sure that methods have timestamps.  It should have
been doing a check for linefeeds too... I'll add that right away so
that no more changesets with linefeeds sneak in.

- Doug