Revert 5784? (was Re: Can't ping SM from a 5816 image, works from older images)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Mar 29 23:58:47 UTC 2004

On Sunday 28 March 2004 9:50 pm, Doug Way wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2004, at 7:30 PM, Doug Way wrote:

That's interesting. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the
server is down.

It returns true for me on OS/X now that the server is back up.

> Ok, it looks like 5784 is the source of the problem here.

I doubt it in this case.

> Ned's 5784-related fixes (EventSensorInterruptFix, etc) don't seem to
> help for this case.
>
> I wonder if we might be better off reverting 5784 and trying it again
> at the beginning of the next alpha cycle, since it seems to be quite
> destabilizing, and we're about to go to beta. (and it was labelled as
> an experiment, after all)
>
> Or do we think these problems are easily fixable?

I'm not certain if there *are* any more problems with this that we've
identified that need fixing (though it may make sense to put 'EventSensor
install' in the preamble of my fix set; I have to look at it).

> Anyway, no updates today... the BFAV is currently unusable with a 5816
> image on OS X. (although I think it was ok on Windows, I may try that
> tomorrow)  I'm running into various "21364.eml does not exist" errors
> which I think are related to the 5784 problem.

Every time I've seen this I've also tried with wget or curl and had the same
errors.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com