[ANN] RMT (Remote Messaging Toolkit)

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Mar 31 19:33:41 UTC 2004

On 31/03/04 10:19, "Masashi Umezawa" <umejava at mars.dti.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've put this on SM.
> http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/94bba4b0-3b56-4af7-8a6e-5c4bb6a55e
> 36
> ---
> RMT (Remote Messaging Toolkit) is a toolkit for developing network
> applications.
>
>   - Support sync, async sends, RPC-style invocations.
>   - Connection pooling.
>   - Auto clients clean-up (by heartbeats).
>
> Toolkit itself can be used for doing simple RPC.
> You can subclass connector(client) and acceptor(server) for
> customized behavior.
>
> Prerequisites: KomServices
> ---
> Cheers,
> ---
> [:masashi | ^umezawa]
Masashi:

I wish to know if it's the same of a few days ago in

ftp://swikis.ddo.jp/RMT/RMT.sar.

I also wish to know if possible load your package in Squeak 3.6 and if could
run with only KomServices or better loading all KomHttpServer-6.2.sar

Also , I doing network teaching this semester and try to do all Squeak as
possible, from  doing ppt like preentations, asking students to build single
XON/XOFF serial message protocol to using different web services (Comanche ,
HttpView, Seaside, etc).

Any examples, ideas, etc are very welcome.

Thanks and conglatulations for your package !!

Edgar