Dialect Portability, call for help

Giorgio Ferraris giorgioferraris at elevensoft.it
Sat May 1 18:26:41 UTC 2004

Dear Smalltalkers,

I'll give at SmalltalkSolutions 2004 a short presentation of a set of open
source classes I developed wich help me on moving between Smalltalk Dialect.
(Dialect portability, May 3, 2.45 PM)

The classes are available for VW, Dolphin, VSE and I have an old version for
VA somewhere.
There is also some documentation! (if you can survive my english:-) )

The work try to give support on fields like
-a minimum of user interaction (showing dialog asking confirm, Yes/no, etc)
-interface with the compiler
-file system intraction
-etc

these items, for what I know, are currently non included on the major
interoperability projects currently open,
like Rosetta, XIF, ANSI Compatibility.

I'm interested on finding help on improving the work both in supporting more
dialect and on supporting more functionality.

Anyone interested please contact me at SS or send me e-mail.

I can mantain and evolve the VW and VSE stuff, and the Dolphin too if
necessary,
but I would like to have friends helping on squeak, VA, MT, /X,
ObjectStudio, etch.

Having more portability could only improve to make our language more usable
and used.
And, please, no war on wich dialect is better; choose the one you like, but
choose Smalltalk!

giorgio ferraris

mail at giorgioxxferrarisxx at yyelevensoft.xxit  (please remove all xx and yy
before sending).