Copying file creation and modification time

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon May 3 14:36:04 UTC 2004

Noury Bouraqadi <bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to make a copy of a file in another directory while keeping
> its creation time and modification time unchanged. Any hint?

Take a look at VMMaker>copyFileNamed:to: which I stuck in there because
I couldn't face trying to fix FileDirectory at the time. It can make
use of the trivial plugin FileCopyPlugin whch simply makes sure the
file is copied with any/all type, permission, owner stuff intact. The
plugin is not provided for all platforms though.

tim
You can swear at the keyboard and it won't be offended. It was going to treat you badly anyway