Distributed intelligence or not

Thomas Koenig tomkoenig at mindspring.com
Sat May 8 15:23:40 UTC 2004

Agreeing completely with the above comments (complex systems will be
composed of cells not clocks), let me add that a professional
programmer/ engineer/ scientist always does the the "simplest thing that
could possibly work". (Reference: XP  and TDD.)  Complexity will evolve
by "natural selection"; complexity by "intelligent design" is almost
always wrong.