Nail Soup

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun May 9 01:32:21 UTC 2004

Craig Latta <craig at netjam.org> wrote:

> 	Alan writes:
>
> > I love stuff like this!
>
> 	(:  I'm very excited about the possibilities.
>
> 	Squeak truly is "exquisite". Thanks again!
I'm not entirely sure that the squeak population at large appreciates
just how Extremely Clever the whole squat thing actually is. I've been
able to sit and watch it through a good deal of its evolution on our
Skwakking Fridays.

Sometime soon, perhaps when it's just a bit nearer complete, we need to
start investigating the possible VM changes that could make it even
better; making the un-inlined vm actually work, cleaning up the
somewhat messy situation of MiscPlugin, stuff like that. Perhaps it
might even be time to resurrect my old idea about dynamically
reconfigurable VMs so the startup can be tiny and grow to suit the
image that self-assembles.

tim
Where the system is concerned, you are not allowed to ask "Why?".