SLOC in Squeak History

Raymond Asselin raymondasselin at sympatico.ca
Thu May 13 01:53:09 UTC 2004

Le 2004/05/12, Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM écrivait :

>Hi Raymond,
>
>All of them are 'Full Images'.  I am still a bit unclear on the Full/Basic
>terminology, but the 3.7a-5816 image is supposed to be a 'Full Image'.
>Since it is 'alpha', there are some problems with it that are being fixed
>all the time, and some of the 'Full' image features are broken, but it is
>a 'Full Image' with "Worlds of Squeak" and all.
>
>                                -Dean

Hi Dean,
    I was on the feeling that to get a full image you have to expressely
load the '3.7 Full Assembler' package from SM.

Anyway this means that it is not yet clear.

As I have an Image 3.7b 5905 with '3.7 Full Assembler', I executed
'Smalltalk allClasses inject: 0 into: [:sum :each | sum + each
linesOfCode] '    in a Workspace, the result give  349557 lines of code,
compare to 257430 for 3.7b 5816 without '3.7 Full Assembler'.

Just my 0.02$,   and I still don't know if the '3.7 Full Assembler' is
required or not, but I think so.

Ciao