HC (HTTPClient) released on SqueakMap

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri May 14 17:55:05 UTC 2004

On May 13, 2004, at 3:32 AM, Colin Curtin wrote:

> Hello to you all,
>
> I have built an almost* unconditionally HTTP/1.1 compliant client for
> Squeak
> 3.6. It is very similar in style to Apache Jakarta's HTTPClient.

Great.

One thing I've always found odd is that it seems to be "traditional" to
have completely separate implementations of the HTTP protocol for use
on the server and client sides of the connection.  What I would like to
see is a core library that models HTTP requests and responses according
to the RFC, but that is agnostic about what they are used for - it can
serialize both requests and response to a stream, and parse either.  It
should then be easy to build either a client or server on top of this.

Avi