[BUG]Flaps disappearing when creating MVC project

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue May 25 11:04:50 UTC 2004

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> When I create an MVC project the shared flaps disappear. But I can show
> them again.
> Not sure why they disappear. Tracked it down to
> Project>>flapsSuppressed: being called from
> #initializeProjectPreferences. I can't say that I follow the logic.
>
> First of all, why does it change the Preference? Shouldn't it only touch
> the project preference?
> And secondly, why does it remove/add the flaps to the screen if the
> Project is NOT the current project? Shouldn't it be the other way
> around?
>
> Confused.

In fact, with this version:

flapsSuppressed: aBoolean
	"Make the setting of the flag that governs whether global flaps are
suppressed in the project be as indicated and add or remove the actual
flaps"

	self projectPreferenceFlagDictionary at: #showSharedFlaps put: aBoolean
not.
	self == Project current  "Typical case"
		ifFalse:
			["Anomalous case where this project is not the current one,
			we do not modify Preference nor hide or show the flaps on the
screen."]
		ifTrue:
			[Preferences setPreference: #showSharedFlaps toValue: aBoolean not.
			aBoolean
				ifTrue:
					[Flaps globalFlapTabsIfAny do:
						[:aFlapTab | Flaps removeFlapTab: aFlapTab keepInList: true]]

				ifFalse:
					[Smalltalk isMorphic  ifTrue:
						[self currentWorld addGlobalFlaps]]].
	Project current assureNavigatorPresenceMatchesPreference

----

It all seems to work as I would have guessed it should work. :)
Obviously I must have missed something right? Or?

regards, Göran