[ENH] reposted: new String modifier: String>>asPlural ( Sunit test added )

denker at iam.unibe.ch denker at iam.unibe.ch
Tue May 25 13:02:47 UTC 2004

from preamble:

"Change Set:		PluralStrings-ccn
Date:			19 January 2000
Author:			Chris Norton

md: just made a real SUnit test from the examples given.

OK.  You could say that this is a silly crusade, but I like my Squeak
messages to be in proper English (at least when the language you're
using is English).

I was messing around with the HangMan file-in and I got a walkback that
had the following title:  'Error: HangManPhrases classs are not
indexable'.  I just couldn't stand the extra 's' on 'class', so I
created a nifty new String method called asPlural and I modified the
sender of the odd string to use the new String modifier.  Take it or
leave it, but I think this makes auto-generated text just a little
easier to read."!