Bug ? in Dictionary>>keyAtIdentityValue:

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Thu May 27 19:43:29 UTC 2004

When trying to update Monticello in a 3.7b image (update 5923), I got a
wallback and eventually found that this method in Dictionary:

----------
keyAtIdentityValue: value
	"Answer the key that is the external name for the argument, value. If
	there is none, answer nil.
	Note: There can be multiple keys with the same value. Only one is
returned."

	^self keyAtIdentityValue: value ifAbsent: [self errorValueNotFound]
----------

... was raising an error. looking at its comment I replaced it with:

----------
keyAtIdentityValue: value
	"Answer the key that is the external name for the argument, value. If
	there is none, answer nil.
	Note: There can be multiple keys with the same value. Only one is
returned."

	^self keyAtIdentityValue: value ifAbsent: [nil]

... then everything seemed to work ok.

so was this a bug ? it seems that Dictionary>>keyAtValue: is also not
consistent with its comment.

Stef