Popup window with multiple checkboxes

Ralph Boland ralphpboland at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 02:11:00 UTC 2004

I need to implement a popup window in which to turn
on a multitude of switches.
The input to the popup window would be an array of
associations in which
the key is a boolean and the value is a string.

The popup winow would display for each assocation:
  1) A checkbox.  The checkbox would initially be on
or off depending on
     the value of the key field of the association.
  2) The string which is the value field of the
association.

Once the popup window is displayed on the screen the
user can set on or
off each checkbox as he sees fit.
The user then clicks on an accept button to accept his
changes.

The popup window then closes and the same array of
associations
are returned to the popup window caller
but with the key fields changed according to
the checkboxes selected by the user.

Has anybody implemented anything remotely similar to
this who would
be willing to send me their code.  I will modify the
code to fit
my needs. I'll post my modified version of the code
here
if anybody wants it but I warn
you, I know little about GUIs and probably won't do a
pretty job.

I need this code for a regular expression
to finite state machine translater which I am writing
and which I will release to the public domain or under
GPL or something like that.

Thanks.

Ralph Boland

P.S.  If anybody is interested in cleaning up the gui
for
this translater before I release it please speak up.
~
~
~
~