Squeak cleanup

Kamil Kukura kamk at volny.cz
Mon Nov 1 13:49:46 UTC 2004

Marcus Denker napsal(a):

> Am 01.11.2004 um 04:22 schrieb Yanni Chiu:
 >
>> "Squeak" is too big. It needs to shrink, to grow.

I feel good someone thinks the same as me. Now, can we refer to this as
"clean-up" effort? If so, do we stick with something "cleaners" can rely
on? I found "Cleanup/Enhancement Projects"
<http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3082> but I remember there was maybe
better information but didn't find it now (wiki has no tree).

> submit changesets.

I did some clean-up for getting rid of OldSocket. I was then adviced to
make a backup as a SqueakMap package. Is it right place for backups? Or
should it be published as *-Removal package? Sorry to "talk" again, but
there are questions I don't even know whom to ask. There's SpeechRemoval
package, so what to do now in order to have Speech as installable
package and not like traveling with every new image being released?

> Harvesting ist not about "we need to do X". It's just about
> "Someone has already done Y, let's get it in the release".

I have read somewhere "Process of completion is about subtraction, not
addition". I just think refactoring oriented to completness (like this
complies with RFC XXXX) brings Squeak its power to stay alive and well.

--
Kamil