REMINDER: Harvesting Party Monday November 1st 16:00 GMT

karl.ramberg at chello.se karl.ramberg at chello.se
Mon Nov 1 19:25:14 UTC 2004

Blake <blake at kingdomrpg.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 08:33:37 +0100, Marcus Denker <denker at iam.unibe.ch>
> wrote:
> > Harvesting would mean: Lets fire up BFAV. Look at a submission, test,
> > look the code, decide if
> > that should go in.
>
> Sounds simple. On what basis does one make that decision?

If it's a bugfix, see if the bug is a reproducable bug or just a glitch
and if
the fix does fix that bug. Bugfixes with SUnit tests are easiest since
you just
(in theory) have to run the test before and after the fix is filed in.

Enhancements are a little harder to review. But here we have to rely on
eachothers
judgement over if it is something that enhances the system, and not just
adds some
junk.
Karl