REMINDER: Harvesting Party Monday November 1st 16:00 GMT

Michael Rueger michael at squeakland.org
Tue Nov 2 18:10:51 UTC 2004

karl.ramberg at chello.se wrote:

> I think we could/should agree on that a rollback of a cs in the unstable
> stream
> should be the very last option to get out of a jam eg. a update that
> screw up seriously. People comitting to be part of unstable should be
> credited for their comitment and we should not pull the carpet under
> their feet at every twist and turn. We need people working for enhancing

But, please, lets not forget we are talking about an *unstable alpha*
stream here. alpha in my understanding already implies "all bets are
off, don't rely on it for serious work", and the word "unstable" has a
certain meaning as well.
We should, however, keep unstable and stable closer together. The gap we
got in the 3.8 process was a result from too many things trying to get
in at once while we were still sorting out the m17n issues.

JMTC

Michael