wonderland and random clips

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Tue Nov 2 18:29:15 UTC 2004

> For 3D you should have a look at Croquet:  http://croquetproject.org
>
> It seems to me that all people interested in 3D are working with (and
> on) croquet, not wonderland.
>
>     Marcus

I have simular impression and follow the way of Croquet long time. Its
cool work indeed but judging from tests and the rare documentation the
actual focus is to create a collaborative environment which is ok but
too much for my project where I would like just to create some 3D models
and move them around which is easy with wonderland but I feel lost in
Croquet. It seems lack the highlevel commands which makes Alice a catch,
or did I miss something? Its more like Ballon3D, closer to or sometimes
acutally OpenGL.

Cheers and thanks for the input,

Malte
--
Malte Steiner
media art + development

blog 4, also available as rss feed:
http://java.block4.com/blog4/
next events:
26.november workshop 3d modelling for max/msp jitter
Musikhochschule Hamburg, Germany
26.november concert Elektronengehirn
hoerbar Hamburg, Germany