3.8 beta release

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Nov 3 11:32:20 UTC 2004

Am 02.11.2004 um 21:45 schrieb stéphane ducasse:

> Cooool
> Mike what is the status now?
> Do we get a 3.9 unstable?
> Can new items be pushed into 3.9 unstable then later sync with 3.9
> alpha?
> Marcus?

Good question... I think it might be best to first make a pass at all
the remaining fixes
and get 3.8 finished before starting to work on 3.9a... at least for
the stuff coming
from normal harvesting.

But another thing for that having a 3.9a-unstable soon might be good is
the sync with
small-land, which has been hold up quite some time now and it might be
good to
get that stuff intergrated soon.

So I'm not that sure. Maybe we could have 3.9a-unstable open just for
small-land and
focus on finishing 3.8 (and delay the rest untill the end of the
small-land merge?)

Moving fast is good, but the big failure we did with 3.7/17n/3.8 was to
have too many
loose ends at the same time...

       Marcus