[ANN] Cleaned up KomHttpServer on SM

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Nov 4 11:41:23 UTC 2004

Howdy folks!

Ok, finally. :) I have done this:

1. Got the first Monticello shots from Brent Pinkney (thanks Brent).
2. Dug deep to find a little bug in the HttpRequest parsing that dear
Brent mistakenly introduced :) and fixed it. Funky enough we don't want
exceptions down there - they are swallowed hard.
3. Posted new Monticello clean releases of: DynamicBindings, KomServices
and KomHttpServer. No big changes a part from them being simple .mcz
files now.
4. Posted a new HttpView2 release that works with the above in a 3.7
basic image (my way of testing). The file directory example still has a
bug, but I am gladly ignoring it for now.

The result of all this? Well, essentially this ripped away the
KomPackaging stuff that Stephen used so now you need to install the
prerequisite packages DynamicBindings and KomServices manually.

But eventually when I get dependencies out in the new SM this will work
automagically. :)

NOTE: Only tested in 3.7 basic. Also note that KomServices require
"Named Processes" but that was added in the 3.7 image so unless you use
3.6 you don't need it.

regards, Göran

PS. Email me with bug reports on all this. :)