Squeak cleanup

Kamil Kukura kamk at volny.cz
Fri Nov 5 00:34:13 UTC 2004

stéphane ducasse napsal(a):

> for the OldSocket please send your cs that remove them from the image.
> Or publish a sm package that remove it from the image.
>
> I would prefer to deprecate it simply.

Yes, that is the way I'm going. As soon as all of tests and examples
will be isolated from OldSocket I'll put the whole class in deprecated
state so it can be removed during versioning step. Right now I have
extracted some of the tests.

> Is there anybody there that need it?

Need OldSocket? I hope nobody. Need this sockets clean-up/refactor?
Well, I am confident with an idea that having clean, well-written,
realiable parts of Squeak would bring it more respectful view than just
being a toy with play-and-throw-away usage. But... if I'm wrong, please
stop me...

--
Kamil