Ideas for the DVD?

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Fri Nov 5 21:00:03 UTC 2004

Marcus Denker wrote:
> Any ideas what to put on the DVD? I have another 600MB space...
>
> What's there now:
>
>  -> complete Mirror of Squeak ftp (~1.1GB)
>  -> Mirror of all major mailinglists (uncompressed mbox)
>  -> Stef's Free Books collection
>  -> Croquet installers
>  -> SqueakMap Mirror
>  -> VM Development: checked out sources and a complete CVS mirror
>  -> The "updates" folder with the last 3000 changesets.
>  -> Andreas' complete History of squeak images
>  -> Squeakland installers
>  -> All freely available SqueakNews editions
>  -> A mirror of the Squeak Wiki, uncompressed and usable directly from
> the DVD
>  -> Videos (1.4 Gig)
>                      -> Alan at Guadec
>                      -> Alan at the Oreily conference
>                      -> "Doing with images makes symbols"
>                      -> Dan Ingall's Smalltalk Lecture
>                      -> Low-Res Sqeakers.mpg (not sure if this can stay
> on the DVD)
>                      -> Stef's Seaside video

I dunno if a DVD can boot on a PC, but some of my students are working
on a SqueakLive CD based on a Gentoo Linux distribution. A first demo CD
will be available for the next SmalltalkParty in Paris :
http://www.iutc3.unicaen.fr/smalltalkfr/pmwiki.php/Main/SmalltalkParty20Novembre2004

Maybe it can be included later on the DVD.

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##