Problem using autoconf to generate configure script for unix squeak

Dave Hylands dhylands at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 06:20:04 UTC 2004

Hi Ian,

(sorry about the duplicate message - I meant to send this to the list)

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 19:26:09 -0800, Ian Piumarta <ian.piumarta at inria.fr> wrote:
...snip...
> Running autoconf is only part of the process by which the configure
> script is made.  You need to figure out which plugins to include and
> generate some local macro definitions too.  Try this instead:
...snip...

Thanks for the tips.

I've managed to get squeak cross compiled and was able to run a small
headless test image that my brother Jon created for me (essentially a
Hello World program) on the gumstix.

For anybody that's interested, I documented all of the steps over here:
http://www.davehylands.com/linux/gumstix/squeak/

I'm not that familiar with squeak yet, or with the philosophies used
in the build process, so if there's a better way to perform any of the
steps, I'd really appreciate hearing about it.

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada