[BUG] Squeak3.8b-6351 freezes when debugging StandardSystemFontsTest. Alt-. does not work.

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sun Nov 7 22:09:41 UTC 2004

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane_Rollandin?= <lecteur at zogotounga.net> wrote:
> I had trouble very similar to yours after upgrading my image from 5987
> to 6351(same errors about resumptionTime, actually coming from a nil
> value in Delay class var SuspendedDelays).
>
> all this went away after I did
>
> Delay startTimerInterruptWatcher
>
> ... does this changes anything in your case ?
Thanks for your answer!

I just tried this and it works. :)) I mean, I did Delay
startTimerInterruptWatcher and tried unsuccessfully for about five
minutes to reproduce the freeze.

I don't quite understand, why this works, though. In the Squeak3.8b-6351
image there is no nil in SuspendedDelays and the timer interrupt watcher
process looks fine.

I wonder what the correct approach is now. Should I create an empty
changeset with Delay startTimerInterruptWatcher as postscript and attach
it to the bug in Mantis?

- Bernhard