Monticello bugfixes

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Mon Nov 8 05:04:15 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

I've just published a new release of Monticello. It includes several
bug fixes:

	- Changes to extension methods were causing the wrong package to be
	   marked dirty. This is now fixed.

	- In certain circumstances packages with dependencies could be
	  initialized in the wrong order. It's still possible for this to
happen,
	  but it's now less likely.

	- A couple of fixes for compatibility with Squeak 3.6 (Bert
Freudenberg)

Chris, I looked at the patch you submitted, but I wasn't able to
reproduce the problem you encountered. As far as I can tell, Monticello
exhibits the correct behaviour.

Here's the example I was working with: Consider three packages A, B and
C, where A requires B and B requires C. With A and C both dirty, we
save A. This causes all three packages to be saved, so that when A is
later loaded, it gets the correct version of C, even though it depends
on it only indirectly.

I wonder if you were running into the extension method bug above? Would
you try out this version and let me know if you can still reproduce the
bug? If so, we can track it down and get the fix in the next release.

Colin