[BUG] Installing BFAV2 Installer from SqueakMap fails in Squeak3.9alpha-6404

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Nov 8 09:01:46 UTC 2004

Bernhard Pieber <bernhard at pieber.com> wrote:
> I just downloaded the newest Squeak3.9a-6404.zip and tried to install
> BFAV2 Installer version 2.12. First, SqueakMap warns me that BFAV2
> Installer might not be compatible with Squeak3.9alpha. When I proceed
> nevertheless I get the following error:
> 'No published release for this system version found to install.'

This is because "BFAV2 Install" is a load script and it uses the default
method to install packages (upgradeOrInstallPackageWithUID: which uses
SMPackage>>upgradeOrInstall) using SM - and that method tries to be
smart and finds the latest published release for the Squeak version you
are running. If it can't find one it fails.

So it boils down to marking the HTTPClient and BFAV package releases
appropriately. I just added a 3.9-alpha category to SM btw (and renamed
3.8-alpha to 3.8-beta). :)

> - Bernhard

regards, Göran