making Squeak demos

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Mon Nov 8 15:17:38 UTC 2004

On Monday 08 November 2004 5:53 am, Ralph Johnson wrote:
>  I don't
> know how to make voice recordings in Squeak, for example.  Do I
> need to use a different tool and synchronize?  Is there a tool
> in Squeak for capturing input actions and replaying them later?

The EventRecorder can capture input actions, replay them, and save them to
disk. It has a menu item (which you get from the red halo handle) "add voice
controls" which looks like it also does a voice recording. You can save its
tapes to disk.

I'd try that first (I've never used the voice recording features, though).

You can also use the RecordingControlsMorph (get one from the Objects tool) to
do sound recordings. You can then get a tile from it that you can place on a
PianoRollMorph to trigger at a given time. However, this feature appears to
be broken at present in the image that I tried.

To look at these three things:

RecordingControlsMorph new openInWorld.
ScorePlayerMorph new openInWorld.
EventRecorderMorph new openInWorld.